Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Little-guy clothes


There are multiple bags in the house; you know, the structure neo-local.  There's tons of little-guy clothes in them; stowed in them now: more direct routes for nascent smiles concerning Santiago Jose, “el monstruito” Ruiz Brelsford Madrigal Febbraro (representing bilateral descent kinship systems). 



“Talk to my belly.”

I know, but it is hard.  Not as in difficult.  It’s not difficult like some obstacle, but it is not a direct access yet.  In this regard the bags of little-guy clothes help.  If you’ve seen the movie American Beauty, with brilliant Kevin Spacey, then maybe you can share my appreciation of the potential that clothing has for storing emotive content.  

One of the very last scenes of the movie features Carolyn Burnhan folding over and consuming in her arms the hanging clothes of her just murdered husband, Lester.  Damn.  That scene really rocks me each time I see it.  And like Ricky can in the film (daughter Jane’s eccentric boyfriend, son of a military insecure homophobe guy), I can too, see the beauty in that scene.  The emotive content it elicits is a theatrical home run.  You can smell the clothes in the scene, and you see Lester wearing the clothes, even though Lester isn’t in the shot, cause remember, the shot is of Carolyn and Lester is dead now.

The little-guy clothes just bring a tickle you silly pickle.  Try not to smile, I franken dare you to, when you see a tiny pair of jean overalls; it’s nearly impossible because the optical illusion, really, is just a prompt; an outline of “holy shit proportions” that is waiting to be filled, simply acts as an invitation: I could say a realm of meditation and contemplation.  The inviting bright colors on the little guy clothes are a house warming-welcoming event, centering to your content. Content that makes you feel content.  Intent on being slightly hell-bent; but in a good way, you know?

“I don’t know” says Professor Steve, from the very weird and awkward cartoon shorts by Brad Neely (search for Neely Comics on youtube), “maybe we all need to start learning and loving martial arts.”



He kind of has a point.   Somewhere, in there.  I think you sort of see it. No?  Maybe, yeah?

Either way: don't forget to drill the anti-technique.


No comments:

Post a Comment