Top ten things of life post-natal:
1) We play tango with our eyes, we play tango with our eyes.
2) Cuddle time
3) Listening to Abbey Road and the White Album by The Beatles during cuddle time
4)Thinking about the playlists for my baby
Right now, we are on rock and roll education. As alluded to previously, The Beatles top our charts.
Turns out they wrote a bunch of their music with our specific cuddle time in mind. After The Beatles, we
rode along with Neil Diamond, grooooooooooooooved with The Allman Brothers (Les Bres in A
minor), introducing Tiago to the beautiful whiny sound of a Fender Jazz Bass. The nectar of life. We
ended our lesson, of course, with Jimi Hendrix and his "Fire". OMG!!!!! That's the shizzle to rock with
your buddy to.
5) The happiness he has brought to all those around us is pretty amazing.
6) Food. Yum it's yummy to eat! Particularly when you are so tired that you think you are not hungry...but
chomp and "hello!", and your are back to your hungry ol' self, chowing down real good.
7) Dreams: For the last three or so years, my pre-sleeping routine has consisted in weird memory exercises.
I let the memory of a dream come up, and once honed into that, I follow that dream into successive
memories of dreams I've had and since forgotten. It's probably the coolest thing I do. I can only
remember that amount of dreams as I lay in limbo dream land. Once I am tuned into the right frequency,
I joy ride through hundreds of dreams, synaptic synopsis. Now with the crazy schedule we have
(circadian rhythm has been replaced by cirque du solei rhythm), as soon as I put my head down, I am
right back in limbo, ipod dream play list on shuffle.
8) Dogs around my kid. They are sweet and endearing. Kaia is a boddhisatva.
9) The looks people give me make me feel like we've done something special, and finally,
10) My dad calls Santiago "Chimpo".
That's my top-ten list for the moment.
Kaia IS a boddhisatva!
ReplyDeleteIf I were there, I would look at you like you'd done something special too. Promise.
Un abrazo!