Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nicaragua Pics

I took a very quick trip to Nicaragua two weekends ago in order to stay "legal" in Costa Rica.  Five families, comprised of 6 adults and 10 kiddos (ranging in age from 4 to 17), plus me, drove the four hours to the border, crossed by foot (in the dark, which was an adventure), and took taxis to the nearest beach town of "San Juan del Sur".  I have to say, the kids were poster children for the Quaker "Friend's School" here in Monteverde.  These were some of the sweetest, kindest kiddos I've ever met.  It was a great, albeit short, trip. 







The 17 of us, plus a driver, crammed into a minibus in order to return to the Costa Rican border on Sunday.  It was a very tight squeeze.  Five of the ten kiddos sat while parents got passports stamped to reenter the country.  Later I realized that photographs are prohibited.  Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment