So we have been offline for a few days now and I feel it's time to post a little communal "what's up"? So here is what's been going on lately:
Kate has had stomach issues since Thursday night. We had some friends over Thursday night. I was on dog tiring duty, which entailed running in the rain over rocks,in my Vibram Five Fingers (ask Jody to tell you a story about these shoes and barbershops). It was quite a pleasant run, like the ones you had as a child. The shoes performed to the max, as did my legs and the doggies.
On my way back, five older tourists, decked out in ponchos stopped me to ask where the center of Monterverde was. Feeling clever, I lifted a small rock, and pointed to the hole created by the recently removed rock. Fortunately, they laughed. They expressed frustration about the rain, and I was on my way.
Back at the chalet du bung holes, Kate was cooking her delicious egg plant parmigiana, being gracious enough to leave me a bit without cheese. As much as it pains me, I've been avoiding dairy like wet pants because of my allergies. But anyway, as Kate cooked, I bathed my self and the pooches, leaving us just enough time to sweep and mop the floor before our guests arrived. We were on top of the world.
Our friends came. We ate, drank and were merry. As usual, Wasabi was the center of attention. He was in his best behavior; it is just that many people here have never seen a dog that looks like him (a bull terrier).
The evening was pleasant, and after everyone had left, and the last dish was cleaned, we went to bed. Only to wake up in a few hours to Kate's mumbles and grumbles, and frequent toilet trips. Needless to say, it was a rough night. And it was followed by a 5 am wake up for our drive to San Jose.
Once in San Jose, I climbed into the dryer and hung out there for a few hours. Kate took a nap. We spent a very nice weekend getting spoiled by my parents and (so we thought) hiding from the rain. It turns out, however, that it turned beautiful and sunny on Friday in Monteverde. Fortunately for us, the sun was still shinning when we got back. It remains bright today.
I'm gonna go home as soon as I post this to eat lunch, and to see if I'll take Kate to the clinic. More later.
Asalam Aleikum
No comments:
Post a Comment