As Ernesto mentioned, I've spent the last seven days fighting a very unpleasant stomach bug that's left me glued to the loo. On Tuesday, I started a three-day anti-parasitic treatment targeting helminths (e.g., worms), but by Thursday I decided it was time to get my shit together (both literally and metaphorically) and see a doctor because the worm meds weren't working.
So Ernesto and I went to the clinic yesterday for some answers. After asking me some graphic questions and palpating my bloated gut the doctor uttered five precious words: bacterial infection of the intestine.
"Bacterial?" I said, with hope springing from my bowels. "So I can take antibiotics?"
The doctor confirmed that antibiotics were in order, and he wrote me a prescription for a five-day treatment, along with an anti-spasmodic medication for, well, reducing those pesky spasms that cause those urgent trips to the loo.
To Alexander Fleming, discoverer of penicillin and father of antibiotics, thank you, thank you, thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment