Two days before I left for Nicaragua, I noticed a dead guatusa about 100 meters from our house. On the morning that I departed, it had made its way into our driveway, where it still lies nine days later.
While I was in Nicaragua, Ernesto spent time with his sister and Pablo in Dominical, before heading back to San Jose to spend a few days with his parents.
Nesto returned to Monteverde this weekend with Beto, his parent's dog, who looked so forlorn and sad the last time we left the city that everyone decided a nice romp in the country would do him well.
He hasn't stopped romping since he arrived. Four toys that have been missing for months have suddenly been retrieved from cow pastures, forest trails, and who knows where else. The retriever is earning his keep.
Ernesto took this video, which he calls, "Dog and Dead Rodent: a film of life and death." Beto did not kill the rodent (head) seen in the video . . . it's the keepsake Charlie left me when I departed for Nicaragua.
This is EXACTLY why Charlie was tied up leaving sneaky Kaia to rummage through our trash!!!!
ReplyDelete