Thursday, February 2, 2012

(Non) Wedding Plans

Thank you all for the congrats!  Ernesto and I are super excited to be getting married!  We know that a lot of you are eager to hear wedding details, but alas, neither of us wants a wedding.

What we would like is to see all of you.  As always, we extend an open invitation to each of you to come visit us here in Costa Rica.  We just don't want to see you all at once, because when we see you all at once, we can't spend quality time with any of you.  Really. 

I know that a lot of you would love to share in a collective celebration, regardless of where it was held.  And maybe we'll have a small cookout in Monteverde (with a greased pig), or a little party the next time we're in Pennsylvania or Tampa to celebrate the occasion.  But we won't have any formal wedding celebration . . .

What's the take home message?  We would love to see you.  We would love to celebrate the occasion with you.  We would love to spend some quality time with you.  You don't need the excuse of a wedding to visit us in Costa Rica.  But if it's a wedding you want, then come visit us and we'll have a mini-wedding.  Just you, me, Ernesto, and the dogs.  Super romantic.  Super intimate.  Super fun!

2 comments:

  1. well I'm disappointed because I love a party especially one paid by your fatherrrrrr but I understand. I will see what I can do about making it down to CR. Would love to see you both and ernesto's parents again - I still think of her ceviche and paella - so good. diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manuel asked me what you were planning to do and, without having read this at all, I said, "I bet they just go down to the good ol' Registro Civil and sign some papers." How did I know that? (-: I will say that, in the past ten years, I have never had one even teeny tiny twinge of a regret that we did just that and never had an actual wedding ceremony. It was just perfect for us. After all, it's about being married, not having a wedding. And hey--that means we can have a party any time we want, right?

    ReplyDelete