Monday, November 21, 2011

Charlie the Hunter, Part Eight?

The guatusa is a funny little animal, which resembles (in my opinion) a cross between a gopher, a rat, and a hare (see pics below).  Guatusa are cute, harmless, and fast.  Charlie is faster.



While Ernesto and I were in Panama, our friend, who was dog-sitting, came home to find Charlie gnawing on the snout of a guatusa.  A few weeks later, while I was in Tampa, Ernesto found Charlie treating himself to a full guatusa carcass (a piece of which he later regurgitated in the house).

Yesterday, I let Charlie out in the morning to romp.  An hour later, Ernesto woke up, looked out the window, and saw Charlie sitting regally and patiently by the trailhead.  When Ernesto opened the door, Charlie jumped up, tail wagging.  He happily began chewing on the gift he'd brought home for us.  What gift did he bring us?  You'll have to watch the video to find out.




2 comments:

  1. Holy F@ck Sh!t that was gross!! I had Pablo look at it first while I peeked....eww

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was that was totally gross! But then I remembered how much I like lechon, and now I feel like a hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete