Wednesday, July 13, 2011

San Luis Health Fair


The University of South Florida Anthropology/Public Health field school is here for their summer program.  As part of the program, they put on a health fair in San Luis.  The coordinators and professors asked if I could attend the health fair since I'm a (more) familiar face down there and have passable Spanish.  I administered demographic questionnaires to families beginning the fair, but really spent more time chatting than surveying.

I found out today that all the chatting got featured on the main page of the USF website!  Unfortunately, Victor Santiage (pictured with me), a master's student from the University of Denver, wasn't mentioned in the article even though he administered far more surveys than I.

In the photo featured on the main page (and above), the little girl and I were not talking about health, but rather, about proper cow milking technique.  She's a pro and flat out puts me to shame when we get behind (or under?) an udder.  I have some milking footage of her in action, which I will try to post in the next few days.  Impressive stuff.

If the main link doesn't work, or they've already removed the story from it, check the summary out here.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the USF article before I caught your post. You're a star! You look beautiful!
    Honestly, I don't think a day goes by without me thinking of you two and how beautiful Monteverde is.
    I miss you--but rather than you being here, I wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete